Soooo, thank you Rachel for nominating me for BBBA. 🙂 Since I’ve done it before, I’m just going to answer the questions.
- Do you play an instrument? If so, which one? And if you could play any instrument you don’t already play, which would you pick?
I play the piano. Really well. (Well actually I started taking piano lessons, then moved to a different country, then had trouble finding another teacher. I tried to teach myself but well… I eventually dropped it. 😦 However, none of you can hear me play, so let’s just assume I play really well.)
I think I would play bagpipes. Because not many people can play them and they’re awesome.
2. What is your favorite parable of Jesus?
Ooooh, goodness. What to chose, what to chose… Good Samaritan?
3. Mexican food or Italian – which is do you like better?
Gah! Choices! I think I’ll say Mexican because I really love Mexican food. And tacos! But then again ice cream and pizza… *moves on to the next question before going insane because of the dilemma*
4. Favorite dessert?
Oh, another really hard choice! Probably pecan pie….
5. What is your favorite hymn/sacred song? Favorite Christmas carol? Why?
My favorite hymn is Come Thou Fount because I love the lyrics. Favorite Christmas carol… there are a lot but I’ll go with Christmas Canon.
6. If you could be amazing at any sport, what would you pick?
7. Which Star Wars is the best? And do you like the Prequels or the Trilogy better?
Hmm… maybe the sixth one. I don’t really have a preference between the Prequels or the Trilogy.
8. In Little Women (the one with Winona Ryder), have you ever noticed the drool string between Laurie and Jo when they kiss?
I actually have never watched all of this movie… Though if I ever do, I will certainly watch out for the drool string. Probably even kindly point it out for all who are watching with me. 🙂
9. What is your dream weapon – Excalibur? A light saber? Susan’s bow and arrows? A [boring!] .22? (And you don’t actually have to know how or be able to use it.)
I would probably take bow and arrows. I wouldn’t mind having Susan’s. 🙂
10. Is Jane Austen only for girls?
Nope. Jane Austen is for anyone who happens to enjoy her.
11. Do you prefer the chronicles of Narnia in chronological order or in the order they were written?
The Chronicles of Narnia MUST (!!!!) be read in the order they were written. Doing other wise is absolutely MORALLY WRONG. Because…
The Magician’s Nephew is one hundred times more significant if you’ve read The Lion, the Witch in the Wardrobe. If you read it first it’s like, “oh, this is an interesting book.” BUT if you read it as the sixth book it’s like, “Wow! Look at that! So that’s where the White Witch came from… No way! He’s the professor?! Ooooh, the creation of Narnia!”
And the books happen to make perfect sense when read in the order they were written. Because C.S. Lewis wrote them in the order they were meant to be read in. Thank you for putting up with my ridiculous rant.
12. Have you ever sung out loud ‘Let It Go’ — even if no one else could hear you?
Oh, yes. And I’m completely unashamed to say so.
13. If you could pick any time in the Bible to live, when would you pick?
Haha, when I read the Bible I’m always really glad I don’t live in those times. I guess I would live in Jesus’s time. (Because I want to meet him.)
14. If you could only read on Old Testament and one New Testament book for the rest of your life (God forbid 🙂 ), which would you pick?
Esther and Luke
15. And finally, is a tomato a fruit or a vegetable? On that note, do you say tom-AY-to or tom-AH-to?
Botanically, it’s a fruit. In every other sense, it’s a vegetable. And it’s tom-AY-to.