So. I suppose it’s become a bit of a tradition to write an end-of-the-year-post on this blog. At least, I put together thoughtful little posts the last two years. And this year, I’m going to break the mold a little by doing an unedited stream of consciousness. So fasten your seatbelts.
What happened this year?
- Not much.
- Actually a lot. Just not much I want to talk about.
- The first thing I remember was celebrating New Year’s. It was lonely because all the friends I used to celebrate it with had moved away.
- For the first part of the year, I didn’t do much besides wait to hear back from colleges. And then I heard. I didn’t get accepted anywhere I wanted to go.
- I spent the next part of the year mourning this.
- Thankfully, during my mourning period, I got to meet up with some of my friends on a trip. This was one of the best experiences of my life.
- And then I visited the college I did get into for freshman orientation. I realized I would be okay there. The year took a turn for the better.
- I started college. I met some great people. Things were going well.
- Three guys pursued me, and it was the first time my homeschooled self had any experience with the sort of thing, so it stressed me out.
- The crappy election happened. It really brought me down for a while because I was so disappointed in and scared for America.
- I ended up with one of the guys I talked about. Things were definitely looking up. I made a great group of friends too.
- Things went perfectly for a while.
- Then finals happened. I really, really freaked out.
- My relationship ended. Suddenly. Unexpectedly. Painfully.
- I’m still trying to figure out the how’s and the why’s.
- I’m ok now. Or at least I’m trying to be.
- I didn’t mean to write all this but oh well. Happy New Year.
So yeah. 2016. Both the best and worst year of my life. It ended on a bad note, so I’m not super hopeful for 2017, but maybe things will get better. Maybe.